Relish a New Chapter with Retirement Accommodation at Featherwood
When you are about to down tools after a lifetime spent working hard to take care of yourself, your family, and other responsibilities, and your retirement is imminent, your mind turns to your retirement accommodation and what you might do to occupy your time – time for yourself that you have always missed and never had.
Others’ Tales of Woe
Perhaps you have heard other retirees telling tales of woe, of not knowing what to do with all this extra time on their hands, so they are bored to tears and feel useless, without purpose, and not needed. The very thought of feeling that way terrifies you, but it shouldn’t.
It Will Not and Should Not Happen to You
It will not happen if you have a healthy and realistic attitude to retirement and the time it affords you, instead of focusing only on the needs of others. Retirement becomes enjoyable when you view it as a new chapter in your life, make the most of it, and find retirement accommodation in an active retirement community – one like Featherwood Retirement Estate with its diverse resident population.
Featherwood Retirement Estate is the relatively newly established retirement village of retirees and is located in upmarket Pretoria East, conveniently close to numerous amenities like shopping malls, a world-class hospital, various entertainment venues, and a host of other Pretoria attractions.
- Featherwood Retirement Estate is only three minutes from the Woodlands Boulevard Mall and its restaurants, 7-cinema complex, and jewellery, furniture, fashion, health and beauty, and lifestyle stores.
- A free shuttle service takes Featherwood residents to and from local shopping centres regularly – no need to get frustrated in traffic or look for parking, although, to be fair, it must be pointed out that the surrounding road infrastructure has recently been greatly improved.
- We are only 20 minutes’ drive from Rietvlei Nature Reserve, which offers game viewing – rhino and cheetah included – plus sailing and fishing on Rietvlei Dam.
- Woodhill Golf Course is only five minutes from Featherwood’s first-class sectional-title and assisted-living accommodation facilities.
- It is only 30 minutes’ travel by road to O.R. Tambo International Airport.
The retirement estate itself also offers several things to do within the retirement community:
- Various social and fun activities take place at the Featherwood Clubhouse.
- The clubhouse bar and coffee bar.
- Mini gym.
- An active social committee.
- A communal hall, complete with modern audio-visual equipment, a fully-equipped industrial-sized kitchen, able to cater for functions and conferences by arrangement and outdoor braai facilities.
As one gets older, it is good to know that healthcare facilities are available on the doorstep of your retirement accommodation, no matter how healthy, fit, and active you may be. If and when you require assistance, Featherwood Healthcare is right there for you, in addition to the estate’s proximity to Pretoria East Hospital. Featherwood Retirement Estate has an on-site clinic with a registered nursing sister in attendance. Medically related matters are attended to at the clinic three times per week. The nursing sister also undertakes home visits when necessary. Because Featherwood Retirement Estate really cares, our healthcare service also includes assisted-living care, frail care, palliative care, respite care, and short- or long-term home care – not only on the doorstep of your accommodation, but within the familiar comfort and convenience of your own retirement home.
The sectional title accommodation apartments in the initial phases of Featherwood Retirement Estate sold out fast, and the final phase is now selling, so buyers should act as soon as possible to ensure that one of 86 apartments is theirs. Eighty-four Featherwood retirement rentals are also on offer for those retirees who prefer this type of accommodation. The choice is yours and the preferred retirement accommodation is at Featherwood.